A well presented two bedroom first floor flat comprising lounge, kitchen and bathroom. Benefits include double glazed windows, central heating and side garden. The property is offered on a part furnished basis and is available 22nd June.
Introduction: 8% + VAT (9.6% including VAT) of the total contractual term deducted from the first calendar months rent.
Management: 10% + VAT (12% including VAT) of the total contractual term deducted on a monthly basis from the calendar monthly rent.
Fees are not reimbursed if the Tenant vacates the property before the end of the term and the Agent cannot be held responsible. Under a Management letting the appropriate management fee percentage is reimbursed.
All fees are subject to VAT. Any difference owing to or due from the Landlord will be settled within 30 days.
In the event that the Landlord dispenses with the Agents services but enters into a second or subsequent Tenancy Agreement with the tenant procured by the Agent pursuant to an agreement made between the landlord and the agent upon these terms and conditions then the landlord shall be liable to pay the agent fees as set out in this agreement.
In the event that the Tenant (or person or corporate body associated with the Tenant) introduced by the Agent subsequently purchases the property whether before, after or during the tenancy, commission shall be at the rate of 1½% of the sale price and payable to the Agent on completion.
Mandatory requirements and associated costs (if required)
EPC £80 (inc VAT)
Smoke Detectors £30 (inc VAT) plus contractors invoice
Gas Safety Certificate £20 (inc VAT) plus contractors invoice
Carbon Monoxide Detectors £30 (inc VAT) plus contractors invoice
additional charges (when required) available on request.
The Tenant Fee Act 2019
From 1st June 2019 letting agents in England will only be able to make permitted payments to tenants.
Permitted payments as defined under the legislation only include the following:
1. The rent.
2. Refundable tenancy deposit – capped at no more than five week’s rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000 or 6 weeks’ where the total rent is £50,000 or above.
3. Refundable holding deposit – capped at no more than one week’s rent.
4. Payments to change the tenancy – where requested by the tenant capped at £50 (or reasonable costs if higher).
5. Payments associated with early termination of the tenancy – where requested by the tenant. This must not exceed the financial loss that a landlord may suffer, or reasonable costs that have been incurred by the landlord’s agent resulting from an agreement for the tenant to leave early.
6. Payments for utilities, communication services, TV licence and Council Tax.
7. Default fee for late payment of rent and replacement of lost key/security devices, where required, under a tenancy agreement – default fees can only apply when this has been written into the tenancy agreement and covers late payment of rent, a lost key or security device. The amount of default fee is limited to 3% over the Bank of England base rate for each date that the payment is outstanding and applies to rent which is more than 14 days overdue.
When Renting a Property
Once you have found the property you would like to rent through Stamfords, we will provide you with a Preliminary